|Sensitive skin prone to redness across the cheeks.|
|A fresh, natural look.|
Photograph: Julie Kim, Make up: Me
- Use a cream cleanser (not Micellar water or cleansing wipes)
- Remove cleanser with Mineral Water (in an atomiser can) spritzed onto the face and also on cotton pads to remove cleanser.
- Use an alcohol free toner with soothing ingredients (floral extracts are fab)
- Use a little oil (just 2 drops) choose one without mineral oil with soothing/hydrating ingredients
- A fragrance free moisturiser
- I always use a really, classically soothing primer to create a *barrier* between the skin & the base
- Water based foundations without silicone or mineral oils
- If you need more coverage add a little pure pigmented concealer wherever you feel needs any further covering.
- Powder- just a light dusting of a pure *mineral* powder.
I did not use a colour corrective primer or concealer or primer in this instance as the skin was dramatically improved with the trio of: skincare, primer & base.
If in doubt patch test anything behind the ear and in the crook of the elbow before you actually apply to the face.
Here are some of the products I use and have had beautiful results with:
Cream cleanser: Sisley & Sophyto, Water atomiser: Avene, Alcohol free toner: Sisley (floral) & Elemis (Apricot)
Oil: Antipodes, Sophyto & Trilogy
Moisturiser: Antipodes, Sisley, Sophyto & Espa
Primer: Hourglass & Pixi
Foundation: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Myface
Concealer: Make up forever & Bobbi Brown cover up stick
Mineral powder : Loose Inika (Nurture only) & Bella Pierre- all Pressed: Pur pressed mineral foundation