|The look I was inspired by.|
My interpretation: monochrome eyes with defined brows, lots of contouring on the cheeks
|Pared down look.|
Photographer: Andrea Vecchiato Model: Lucy Cates MOT Models
Clothes: Passarella Death Squad Hair and Make up: Me.
There is no denying that the allure of Edie Sedgwick is enduring, the perfect combination of hip *it* girl with a little bit of an edge. Bleached cropped hair that was never perfectly styled, an almost pixie like quality with a hint of androgyny, with very defined heavy black monochromatic eyes, she was the original New York 60's it girl.
I took inspiration for the make up from Edie for the shoot with Lucy, I didn't want it to be a caricature just using Edie Sedgwick as a muse. Lucy is one of those incredibly versatile models that is not afraid to show a slightly edgier side, she is something of a chameleon with amazing bone structure so it is an absolute pleasure to just push the boundaries a little.
The jacket is a stadium jacket which has metallic gold sleeves which is going to be a huge trend in SS13, that detail in metallic and the deluxe sports element.
Some notes on what was used:
Hair: Elnett hair spray with some Bumble & Bumble Shine spray used as a *glaze* on top.
- Base: Sisley Mat foundation #20, Chanel loose powder (for a mat/velvet base) with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer.
- Eyes: Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol II Perversion, Twice Baked & Sellout Mascara: Dior Dior show & Liner Make up forever Aqua Liner- Noir.
- Brows: Chanel- Le Sourcils De Chanel
- Contour: Pixi Bronzer (Release date in March)
- Blusher: myface- Paradise Pink
- Lips: Pixi succulent lip twin: Opal Orchid.