Monday 31 December 2012

Nails of the day.....with product recommendations.

OPI- Lincoln Park After Dark- a black cherry shade
This is the kind of colour I normally wear or sometimes a flat grey, true red but definitely not a *pretty colour*, but sometimes I give my nails a rest. Removing the polish, treating the nails and just using a treating clear nail colour.

My kit: Nail varnish remover, oil based scrub, treatment oil, effervescent tablet & nail treatment.

I wash hands/sanitise 1st.
  • Step 1- clean nails- I use the Andrea Fullerton nail varnish remover- very quick and easy to use and gentle on even fragile nails.
  • Step 2- I check nails over/shape/file take away any rough edges.
  • Step 3- I use an effervescent tablet from Opal to soak my nails, this contains tea tree, lemon and bicarbonate of soda, so it deep cleans and whitens nails. I soak for about 5 minutes per hand.
  • Step 4- I exfoliate my hands and take it beyond to the forearm, I love the the sugar scrub from Cake. Rinse and dry.
  • Step 5- Next I apply a little oil to the cuticles, massaging it in fully- this is Trilogy rosehip oil.
  • Step 6-  I use a little touch of clear topcoat with protective qualities this one is OPI.
Because I have hands which can get very dry because of constant cleaning/sanitising before doing make up, they are pretty dry, I  use the L'Occitane Sheer Butter hand cream as it is very effective but non- greasy.
End result: clean, healthy nails, just for a little change.