Friday 9 August 2013

Review- Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara- LOVE IT!

Bobbi Brown everything Mascara- 5ml £19.00

I have a Sephora points card and I was offered a *gift* as I had x amount of points and out of the selection of products offered I took this mascara. I have never tried Bobbi Brown mascara before and I am always on the look out for the next big thing mascara-wise. I honestly did not have particularly high hopes as it is a very unassuming tube with no hyperbole and the razzmatazz that normally goes with the *outrageous* claims or fancy schmancy brush, none of that actually, just a bloody good mascara that actually lengthens, thickens and does not smudge.

What they say:
An everyday essential for lashes. Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara has an innovative, all-in-one formula that lengthens, thickens, and defines-without smearing, smudging or clumping. With special conditioning and strengthening ingredients for beautiful, luscious lashes. Now in a new tube to match all of Bobbi's mascaras in your makeup bag.

Note:I personally like a mascara with a slightly thicker formula I find if a mascara is too *liquid* it takes a long time to dry and can *smudge* very easily.

Pros:

  • A rich textured mascara 
  • It does lengthen and thicken simultaneously and with one coat it defines the lashes
  • It has superb staying power with no *fall out*
  • Is easy to remove & lashes do not feel dry afterwards
  • I do love an old school cornrow/spoolie brush that is well tapered and the brush captures all of the lashes
  • I have been wearing this in very hot/humid conditions and it has not smudged once.
  • Build-able so with 2 coats lashes look very thick and lush
  • No irritation


Cons:

  • Currently only available in 1 shade
  • For someone looking for an *ultra black*  this is a little softer

I will definitely purchase this as it is a great *quality* mascara with impressive results.

*A GWP from Sephora USA- but that would never influence my judgement.