Sunday 3 November 2013

Touche Eclat- Yves Saint Laurent review! WIMH goody!



YSL Touche eclat/Radiant touch- £25.00

This golden pen is 21 years old and has won numerous awards over the years and I still remember the hullabaloo that was caused by the launch and how revolutionary it was, it was very different as it was sheer and the light reflection was *delicate* and it was a bit of a revelation! The brightening effects are instant and it is a brilliant nude highlighter but it is to be used sparingly. It now comes in several shades YAY! So is suitable for a broad spectrum of colourings.

I admit I had not used the YSL pen for years as lots of brands brought out their own versions: Chanel, Dior, Clarins etc, etc so when I saw that What's in My Handbag were doing a give away because it was part of a stash featured, I entered- more out of nostalgia for a product I used to use.
So I was beyond thrilled when I was selected and sent one to try.

What it has to cover: I do have problem dark circles and a tendency to a little under eye baggage (genetic) so I am careful as when you use too much concealer under my eyes, it definitely exacerbates the problem.

Application:I took a little foundation under my eye and then drew a thin line to the top of my cheek bone (at an angle) and then from that point a thin line at an angle just beyond the outer corner of my eye.I also applied a tiny amount just under the highest point of brow to *lift* I then blended by *patting* it into my skin.

My method of application- an upside down point under each eye and under the brow (highest part to lift).

I am so impressed- It really brightens and looks completely natural.
Effect: Very natural and a *fresh* look with dark circles minimised and eye baggage not *highlighted) does it stand up to my memories from days of yore, actually it is even better (I have a sneaking suspicion that I need it more now that I am in my 40's), another revelation which is HUGE, is that it is better than some of the copy cat products from other high end brands that I have tried!

The big question....is it worthy of my kit....yes it is and I will definitely be purchasing for my kit in key shades.

If you like make up, like to have a nose around other people's make up favourites  then you really must have a look at https://www.whatsinmyhandbag.com/  I am obsessed!!!

* I entered a giveaway at WIMH at was lucky enough to be sent a Touche Eclat. Other than that nothing insidous, just lucky.